Derek Jenson's portfolio contains several clips of Half-Life 2's models performing various animations, with many appearances of early content scattered throughout.
On December 21st, 2017 Dindex posted a link to the portfolio, rediscovering it. He commented alongside, "I don't think no one has seen this before."
It is worth noting, however, that the Half-Life 2 section of the portfolio has been available in its current form since at least December 22nd, 2011.
Two days later, Akis_02 posted a message, stating that his friend epicplayer40 had contacted Derek about the renders. It includes this quotation:
At one time I had the source for the whole game. But I worked on that project 13-15 years ago. The HD that held that data was wiped and recycled a long time ago.
- The solid-gray rat model present in the Leak makes an appearance, with animations not present on the Leak counterpart.
- The early 2004 Combine soldier is used.
- The animation shown does not make an appearance in the final version.
- The early 2004 Combine soldier is again used.
- The OICW worldmodel the soldier is carrying appears to be using an earlier texture than the one in the Leak.
- The animation being played is actually "reload_nose_weapon".
- The gunship being shown in similar in appearance to the Leak's, with no blue lighting along the bottom.
- Although the fast zombie model is identical to the final version, the headcrab atop it uses the Leak's texture.
- The Leak's model is used.
- The "clench" at the end is much more pronounced.
- The HEV hands use an early version of the texture that is identifiable by its white thumbs and fingers.
- The firing particles are different.
- The model has a pre-defined outer casing that does not appear in the final release, but is still in the texture sheet.
Nothing of note.
Nothing of note.
Half-Life 2 Rigs
- On the first scene, Alyx drops down from a dev-textured rail.
- In the second scene, the 2002 antlion skin is used.